When chef Kelly Myers (left) asked me to meet with her in the spring of 2012 to talk about what we might be able to grow for her new Oaxacan restaurant, I was thrilled. I’d loved the work she’d done in Cathy Whims’ Nostrana kitchen with our vegetables, and her new concept promised a totally new and exciting use of our produce.
And sure enough, she delivered: Xico quickly rose, in the words of Portland Monthly’s Karen Brooks, to “the vital edge of Portland cooking.” It’s been absolutely rewarding to work so closely with a chef and see our vegetables transformed with such inspiration. If you haven’t been to Xico yet, you’ve got to try it.
In fact, why wait? Thanks to our generous friends at Xico, if you sign up and pay for a half or whole share in our summer CSA during the month of May, your meal at Xico will start with their refreshing, classic margarita, free!
It’s easy. Here’s how:
If you’re signing up for our SE Portland pickup location:
- Fill out our handy signup form here
- Be sure to put “XICOMAY” in the Special Offer Code box
- Bring your payment to the first SE pickup May 19th, and we’ll not only give you fresh, delicious vegetables, we’ll give you a coupon for a free margarita at Xico with purchase of an appetizer or happy hour treat!
If you’re signing up for our Lake Oswego/Luscher Farm pickup location:
- Visit our Lake Oswego CSA page here and place your order
- Send me an email with XICOMAY subject line, to tell me you’ve signed up and paid
- At the first Luscher Farm pickup May 21st, we’ll not only walk away with beautiful vegetables, you’ll have a coupon for a free margarita at Xico with purchase of an appetizer or happy hour treat
First pickups are next week, though, so don’t wait too long. ¡Salud!