Hope you can come to FARM FEST 2012 on Sat April 14th 2012 at the Yamhill Valley Heritage Center, 11275 SW Durham Lane, McMinnville, Or (Hwy. 18 x Durham Ln.)
The Yamhill Co Historical Society & Oregon Draft Horse Breeders Assn are hosting a day of farming demos and fun! The program runs from 10am-4pm, with the featured event being a plowing competition with 16-20 teams of draft horses and mules, and I understand it will be the largest gathering of draft horses and mules in Oregon this year.
They’ll also have:
- Opening ceremonies at 10am with flag raising by the VFW
- Pioneer kids’ area with hands-on activities and animals
- Demonstrations of wheel setting, stump pulling and horseshoeing
- Demonstrations at the working sawmill and blacksmith shop
- Horse-drawn equipment display
- Heritage Center museum tours and other historical and educational displays
- A quilt show featuring 50+ antique quilts from the Yamhill County Historical Society collection
- Art show depicting farm scenes and farm animals by Terry Peasley, Chris Cummings, John Stromme, Clare Carver and Marilyn Affolter
- Food, old-time music, and more!
Parking is close by and we have “people movers” that can transport folks from the parking lot across the road to the facility. Part of the activities are outdoors naturally, but the exhibits, art and quilt shows, food and music are inside, and we are totally expecting nice, dry weather!
Cost is $3 per person, FREE for kids 12 & under. Bring your friends – it’ll be fun for all ages!
Download the Farm Fest 2012 POSTER