We could use some help getting the garlic harvested this Sunday at Grand Island!! It’s supposed to be a beautiful sunny day so come work in the fields for a couple of hours then pet the horses, bring a picnic, go for a swim at the park or canoe the river…
When: This Sunday July 10th, 10am – 4pm. Drop by anytime
Where: Grand Island Farm 18400 Lower Island Rd, Dayton OR
RSVP to Laura
Directions from Portland:
Mapquest will tell you to come down 99W which works fine.
You can also come via I5 is a bit faster and you get to take the Wheatland Ferry ($2).
- Take I5 south to exit 263 (Brooks exit)
- At the end of the off ramp go right onto Brooklake Rd NE 1.6mi
- At the T turn right onto Wheatland Rd N 3.2 mi
- After the S curves turn left onto Wheatland Ferry Rd .5mi
- Take the ferry across the Willamette River $2
- Get onto Wheatland Rd NW 1.1mi
- At the T turn right onto Wallace Rd NW (OR-221/Salem-Dayton Hwy) 2.4mi
- Turn right onto SE Grand Island Loop 1.3mi
- Come over the little bridge and onto the Grand Island
- Turn left onto SE Lower Island Rd and we’re the first place on the left.