Grab your gloves! Everyone is invited to the next CSA Farm Work Party…
It’s all happening on Saturday August 22nd
- 10 – 2pm Workin’
- 2pm-4pm Hike to, hang out & swim at the river
- 4pm… Potluck BBQ & campout
- Grand Island Farm: 18400 Lower Island Rd, Dayton OR
- RSVP to Laura
Join us to learn more about our Grand Island farm and hang out with the horses (Bonnie & Patty). At this peak-of-the-summer work party the focus will be on transplanting!! There will also be other projects like moving the pasture fences, setting up irrigation and weeding.
You are welcome to bring family and friends- there will be things to do for folks of all ages and abilities. Kids are welcome to come help work or just hang out. We’ll provide snacks and drinks. You’ll get to sample all sorts of tasty treats from the garden. Please bring your favorite gardening tools and dress for the weather. No dogs please.
To celebrate all our hard work we’ll have a potluck afterward – bring something to share and/or put on the BBQ.
Reply to let us know you’re coming if you can. Any Questions email Laura at 47thavefarm.com. Hope to see you there!
Directions from Portland:
Mapquest will tell you to come down 99W which works fine.
You can also come this way via I5 – it is a bit faster and you get to take the Wheatland Ferry ($2 – cash or check only).
- Take I5 south to exit 263 (Brooks exit)
- At the end of the off ramp go right onto Brooklake Rd NE 1.6mi
- At the T turn right onto Wheatland Rd N 3.2 mi
- After the S curves turn left onto Wheatland Ferry Rd .5mi
- Take the ferry across the Willamette River $2
- Get onto Wheatland Rd NW 1.1mi
- At the T turn right onto Wallace Rd NW (OR-221/Salem-Dayton Hwy) 2.4mi
- Turn right onto SE Grand Island Loop 1.3mi
- Come over the little bridge and onto the Grand Island
- Turn left onto SE Lower Island Rd and we’re the first place on the left.