You can download Recipe Packet for this week’s share HERE . It includes some great summer salads and other ideas for making the veggies without too much time in the hot kitchen on a hot day.
We still have a few SUMMER SHARES for sale!! Follow the links above to sign up.
This week your share may include…
- Arugula: This makes for a tasty quick summer salad, or try it with the fritatta from your recipe packet.
- Basil: Most of the bunches this week will be the traditional green Genovese basil with a few bunches of Purple Basil mixed in for fun! Chop up basil and sprinkle it over pasta, fritattas, or even salad.
- Cabbage: Time to make summer coleslaw with these beautiful little heads.
- Green Beans: These are so tender & sweet! Quite the diversity – we’re picking green, yellow & purple beans this week.
- Spring Onions: The cippollini onion is flat yellow heirloom Italian with a sweet mild flavor. Use the bulb as you would a regular onion and think of the green tops as giant scallions.
- New Potatoes: The first golden Nicola are here. This potato variety is said to have a healthier glycemic index and high levels of phenolic acids. It makes great home fries, and it’s good for you – what could be better!
- Radish: These bi-color French Breakfast radish add a great crunch & color to summer salads
- Summer Squash: All different kinds this week – different colors of patty pan, zucchini & crookneck.