New in the share this week – summer carrots & sweet corn! This is the earliest we’ve ever picked sweet corn and it is looking good. The variety is Sugar Buns which I really like because is sweet, but also has plenty of good old-fashioned corn flavor which is often lacking in the new super sweet types.
CSA Members can access lots of recipes for these and all the other veggies in your share at Cook With What You Have. Check your email for the password to the site and enjoy your 24/7 access to recipe inspiration!
This week your share may include…
- Basil: Beautiful, traditional Genovese basil – can’t wait to make Caprese salad!
- Green, Purple & Yellow Beans: All of the different colors cook up just like green beans. Unfortunately, the purple ones actually turn green when you cook them so is you love the color consider using them raw. The color combo makes a beautiful crudite plate!
- Carrots: Sweet, tender & tasty
- Sweet Corn: Yum!
- Rainbow Chard: I sautéed this as soon as I got the share. It was so handy to have it ready – I heated some up for pasta and used the rest in a quiche. The greens are BIG before they’re cooked and very small afterward cooking it also nice to have the extra space in the fridge.
- Cucumbers: Sweet & tasty slicers
- Garlic: Nice heads of Music hardneck garlic.
- Summer Squash: Nice mix of green & yellow zucchini, crookneck and patty pan.
- Tomatoes: The early varieties are coming on strong.
Coming soon… Hot Peppers!