BASKET: ( 0 )
Sunshine has been fabulous! Pulled the furrows so we’ll be planting peas & favas very soon. This week your share may include…
- Beets: The variety is Winterkeeper (aka Lutz) and the roots are looking good.
- Carrots: They’ve been through freezes and floods so they may look a little worse for wear. But they taste AMAZING and that’s what counts! The variety is Bolero.
- Brussel Sprouts: This has been a great season for sprouts! The variety is Genius this week which has nice tight sweet sprouts.
- Collard Greens: Interesting to see the marked difference in the growth habit of the three different varieties we grow – Champion, Bulldog & Flash. We don’t usually pick Champion much this time of year because the plants are lower to the ground and tend to have more mud splash & slugs on the leaves. However the Champion leaves are nice on the fall and bolt later in the spring than the other two varieties extending our season for succulent sprouting flower stalks aka raab.
- Kale: The varieties this week are mostly Winterbor. It makes great kale chips!
- Kohlrabi: It made it through the Big Freeze and they are soooooo sweet!
- Onions: Little yellow onions this week are good for roasting. Copra is the variety.
- Potatoes: Yukon Gold this week.
- Winter Squash: An assortment to choose from.
Coming soon… Sprouting Broccoli & Leeks!