We’re so happy to have big beautiful bunches of beets this week! I’ve put some of my favorite recipes & beet ideas together on this page. The greens are very tasty too – sauté them and use just like you would cooked spinach or combine them with the chard.
CSA Members can access lots of recipes for beets and all the other veggies in your share at Cook With What You Have. Check your email for the password to the site and enjoy your 24/7 access to recipe inspiration!
This week your share may include…
- Beets: Yum!
- Chard: This is simple to saute or if you’re feeling more ambitious try my grandmothers chard bisque. The leaves are rather large and can take up a lot of room in the fridge. I often cook down my greens first thing – they keep quite well and take up a lot less space! Cooked greens can easily be added to pasta, quiche, scrambled eggs…
- Green, Purple & Yellow Beans: All of the different colors cook up just like green beans. Unfortunately, the purple ones actually turn green when you cook them so is you love the color consider using them raw. The color combo makes a beautiful crudite plate!
- Cucumbers: Sweet & tasty slicers
- Fennel Bulbs: These fat fennel bulbs are lovely shaved raw into a salad or saute them with the onions. There are over 20 tried & true recipes for fennel at Cook With What You Have!
- Garlic: Nice heads of Music hardneck garlic!
- Onions: Yellow onions
- Parsley: This Italian flat leaf makes amazing Italian Salsa Verde.
Coming soon… Japanese Eggplant!