BASKET: ( 0 )
This week your share may include…
- Beans: Green Beans come in all shapes, sized and colors! the purple is Violet Podded, the yellow is a romano type called Marvel of Venice, and the green is Provider. All are sweet & tasty.
- Carrots: Finally! Last year we had a bumper crop of carrot, but this season they’ve been more challenging. Bunches of Nelson & Mokum.
- Fennel: Baby bulbs of a variety called Perfection this week. I like to poach the little bulbs whole or cut in half with chicken stock, then finish the sauce with a touch of cream, sprinkle with parmesan – Yum! They’ll be getting bigger…
- Fresh Garlic: This is lots bigger than green garlic, but a little different than what you usually see at the store. These heads are almost full size with nice big cloves inside, but they have not been dried down so the result is fresh, juicy bursting with flavor garlic. Enjoy them while they last!
- Lettuce Heads: Beautiful ruffled red variety called New Red Fire.
- Potatoes: This week we have All Red which, as the name implies is red on the inside too. Makes fun mashed potatoes.
- Summer Squash: Great on the grill – slice patty pan varieties through the scalloped edge and smaller zucchini lengthwise, brush with a bit of olive oil and enjoy!
- Spring Onions: This is new variety for us this season called Red Candy Apple I’m impressed – it is sweet and has great color.