We’re super excited about more basil!! There are so many ways to combine fresh basil and tomatoes. Check out these 5 different variations on the tomato sandwich or make a caprese or panzella bread salad.
You’ll find recipes for basil, tomato and the rest of the veggies in your share at Cook With What You Have. If you’re a CSA member, you will find your Access Key in the most recent farm email. Enjoy 24/7 access to recipe inspiration!
We still have a few spots available in the CSA so feel free to let your friends know they can still get in on the bounty with a pro-rated Summer CSA share share starting next week.
This week your share may include…
- Basil: Great with the early tomatoes!
- Collard Greens: Sautéed collards is a simple staple at our house. I sometimes add them to pasta, omelettes or polenta, or just eat them straight up. If you’re looking to get creative with your collard greens, try one of the two dozen recipes at Cook With What You Have.
- Cucumbers: The Diva green & Silver Slicers are both sweet tender & crunchy
- Onions: Italian red tropea heirloom onions are sweet and flavorful!
- Green Beans: We’re having a bumper crop of fresh green, Robert’s Royalty purple and yellow wax beans! One of my favorite ways to use fresh beans is in this Salad with Olive Tapanade or try one of the 17 recipes at CWWYH – yum!
- Potatoes: Yukon Gold potatoes are getting bigger but still have very thin skins.
- Summer Squash: We’re harvesting a variety shapes & sizes so take your pick – tiny & tender for steaming or giant boats for stuffing. Or try my favorite recipe for zucchini bread
- Tomatoes: Just a few early varieties this week and more on the way soon!
Coming soon… Sweet Corn!!