You’ll find recipes for potatoes, dill and everything in your share, at Cook With What You Have. If you’re a CSA member, you will find your password in your most recent email. Enjoy 24/7 access to recipe inspiration!
This week your share may include…
- Beautiful Baby Potatoes: These are beautiful and delicate little yellow potatoes. Often called new or creamer potatoes – these are the first potatoes to form on the plant and they have a lovely sweet flavor and creamy texture – perfect for boiling or steaming.
- Lettuce Heads: So happy to have summer salad!
- Herbs: Fresh herbs this week will likely be dill or cilantro. Try the dill with new potatoes and cilantro with the Calypso beans. Or check out Cook With What You Have for more recipe ideas!
- Garlic: I really like this variety, Music, because it has mostly large easy to peel cloves inside big beautiful bulbs. It also has high levels if allicin – an antioxidant common to most garlic. Good for you and tasty too!
- Summeriest Greens: Beautiful japaneese greens are flavorful but not spicy and can be added to salad or sautéed.
- Heirloom Dry Beans: We’ll have several varieties available for you to choose from this week. Calypso aka Orca beans have a striking black and white pattern on them but can be used in any recipe that calls for black beans. Jachob’s Cattle bean is a pretty red & white bean that was originally raised by Maine’s Passamaquoddy Indians.
- Summer Squash: This recipe for Courgette Gratin from Lulu’s Provencal Table is one of my favorites. I’m also fond of adding diced & sautéed summer squash to bean chile, scrambled eggs and quesadillas.
- Napa (Chinese) Cabbage: Nice dense full size heads! Use it to make a traditional kimchi, sauté it in stir fry, or forget about tradition and try your favorite coleslaw recipe with it : )
Coming soon… Green Beans!