BASKET: ( 0 )
This week your share may include…
- Cilantro: Hip-Hip-Hooray for the spring herbs!
- Green Garlic: Cute little bunches – just chop up the whole thing and use it fresh to add zing to salad or salsa. Or saute like regular garlic
- Garlic Whistles: These are the flowering stalks of the garlic plant, aka scapes. I often toss them with a bit of salt & olive oil, put them under the broiler until just a few spots begin to carmelize, then put the whole tangle on the table as fun finger food.
- Lettuce Mix: And we continue to be very excited about salad!
- Mizuna: The bunches are smaller this week because we finished the rows in the greenhouse and began to harvest outside. Makes a nice mild addition to salad and also a good cooking green.
- Mustard Greens: Spicy in salads, mild when cooked.
- Spring Onions: Use these raw like a green onion or saute them.
- Pea Shoots: These unfurling tendrils of the pea plant have the fresh sweet flavor similar to the pods and make a great addition to salads.
- Hakuri Turnip: Tender, sweet and not at all spicy they make a great raw snack. In addition, you can cook up the turnip greens just like mizuna and mustard greens.