What a treat to have such beautiful spinach!! We grow some specially adapted varieties for this winter & early spring season. This one is called Winter Giant and the leaves truly can grow to be huge. We’ve picked them at a more manageable size for you to enjoy in salads or sautéed. Always tender and tasty – we hope you like it as much as we do!
You’ll find recipes for spinach and everything else in your share, at Cook With What You Have. If you’re a CSA member, you will find your password in your most recent email. Enjoy 24/7 access to recipe inspiration!
This week your share may include…
- Purple Sprouting Broccoli: Pretty purple heads are tasty and so are the leaves & stems. Roast them whole or chop up and sauté.
- Carrots: Sweet winter carrots – yum!
- Collard Greens: The workhorse of the winter – enjoy them while they last.
- Yellow Onions: Most of my meals start with sautéed onions, then a world of possibilities opens up…
- Yellow Potatoes: This beautiful yellow Nicola is one of our most reliable & tasty potatoes.
- Black Radish: I did not grow up with this vegetable, but have come to love it! Long considered to have many traditional health benefits, new research is showing this to be true. And nice that it is tasty too : ) My favorite recipes are… mashed with potatoes, grated into slaw, roasted in thin slices/coins. And you’ll find more than a dozen ideas & recipes at Cook With What You Have.
- Red Shallots: These are lovely in a traditional french vinaigrette and make awesome Crispy Fried Shallots to sprinkle on top of Pho (or anything else for that matter : )
- Spinach: Beautiful bunches!
- Variety Pack of Winter Squash: Butternut & Winter Sweet & maybe a few other kinds too.
Coming soon… Summer Share!