We grew some amazing garlic this year! Overall the size of the heads is up, wrappers are tight and they have nice big easy to peel cloves. The variety in your share this week is Music which has a mild flavor, medium heat and a beautiful purple blush.
Hard to believe it’s that time again but the WINTER SHARE is just around the corner. It starts in November so sign up soon!!
You’ll find recipes for everything we grow on the farm at Cook With What You Have. CSA members will find the password to the site in your email – enjoy your 24/7 access to recipe inspiration!
This week your share may include…
- Eggplant: Love these long skinny japanese eggplant! If you haven’t tried my favorite roasted eggplant salad you definitely should do it soon. Eggplant in the Moorish Style makes a great side dish – the flavors are subtle, but wonderful – cumin, mint, red onion and a little vinegar combine to make this an unusual but wonderful salad.
- Garlic: Big beautiful heads!
- Lettuce: These summer crisp lettuce varieties are crisp & tasty this time of year.
- Jimmy Nardello Peppers: These thin skinned Italian frying peppers are also really great to eat fresh.
- Italian Sweet Peppers: Thank you Frank Morton at Wild Garden Seeds for these lovely, sweet, thick walled, productive peppers. The open pollinated Stocky Red Roaster and Gatherer’s Gold were “born” in Philomath when Frank began to de-hybridize various lines of italian sweet peppers. We are luck to live in a place that not only has lots of great farmers, but amazing seed breeders as well.
- Hot Peppers: In order of hottest to more mild – Bulgarian carrot, Black Czech & Jalapeño.
- Potatoes: Nicola yellow potatoes are think skinned with golden flesh. They are also lower on the glycemic index than most potatoes.
- Summer Squash or Cucumbers: Your choice of cukes or zukes.
- Tomatoes: Both slicing & heirloom tomatoes.
Coming soon… Winter Share!