You can download Recipe Packet for this week’s share HERE . With the bounty of tomatoes, garlic and jalapeno peppers in your share this week, it’s time to make salsa!
We still have a few SUMMER SHARES for sale!! Follow the links above to sign up.
This week your share may include…
- Cilantro: Happy little bunches perfect for salsa or any other other sauces in your recipe packet.
- Cucumbers: The green slicer is Diva and she lives up to her name! There may also be a few Lemon cukes in the mix too.
- Sweet Corn: Many farmers are incredulous when I tell them we transplant sweet corn, but it works! Some of the new sweet corns seem almost too sweet to me, but this variety, Sugar Buns, is super tender and has a great balance of sweet + old fashioned corn flavor.
- Garlic: Nice little heads will be a great addition to salsa!
- Lettuce: These Batavian Crisp lettuce varieties are my favorite’s during the summer. Even in the heat they stay sweet & crunchy.
- Peppers: Jalapeno peppers this week have a moderate amount of heat – they’re on the mild end of the Scoville hot pepper heat scale. If you want the good flavor with even less spice, then remove seeds & internal membranes from the peppers before you use them. I made some tasty salsa by roasting the jalapenos (until the skins were charred, then diced), roasting corn (let cool, then cut off the cob) and combining that with diced tomatoes, onions, garlic & some lime juice – yum!
- New Potatoes: Red fingerling potatoes in the share this week.
- Tomatoes: There are plenty of Stupice tomatoes this week and some Heirlooms too.