The weather is starting to change and with the cooler fall weather will come new and different variety of veggies. This week we still have lots of beautiful tomatoes & peppers in the share, but we’re starting to harvest more winter squash, storage potatoes and fall brassicas. The changing seasons also mean it’s time to sign up for your WINTER SHARE soon!!
You’ll find recipes for everything we grow on the farm at Cook With What You Have. CSA members will find the password to the site in your email – enjoy your 24/7 access to recipe inspiration!
This week your share may include…
- Carrots: Sweet summer carrots!
- Cucumbers: Tasty green slicers
- Eggplant: Some of these japanese eggplant are almost big enough to make eggplant parmesan! There are also a few green heirloom globe eggplant in the mix.
- Lettuce: These summer crisp lettuce varieties are beautiful & tasty this time of year.
- Poblano Peppers: Their smokey flavor and medium heat are perfect for chile relines or get creative about stuffing them with something less traditional. You can also blister & peel these peppers over a gas grill or under the broiler.
- Anaheim Peppers: These can go roasted or raw into salsa verde with the tomatillos! Or use them like the poblano peppers mentioned above.
- Summer Squash: Nice mix of green & yellow zucchini, crookneck and patty pan.
- Tomatoes: Both slicing & heirloom tomatoes.
- Tomatillos: Time for Salsa Verde. If your favorite recipe doesn’t call for roasted Anaheim peppers try adding some – its delicious!
Coming soon… Hot Peppers!