This recipe was sent to me with rave reviews from Steve Bilow, shareholder at Luscher Farm. Thanks Steve for passing it along!!
6 medium Kohlrabi
2 medium onions
4 tbsp general purpose white flour
3 medium eggs
1 tsp salt
Freshly ground white pepper to taste
vegetable oil for frying
1. Peel kohlrabi and shred in a food processor.
2. Finely chop the onions
3. Combine the kohlrabi and onions in a large mixing bowl
4. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs and then add them to the vegetable mixture
5. Add the salt and pepper, and mix well
6. Dust the flower over the top of the mixture so that it is evenly dispersed and mix with a fork to insure the mixture thickens without the flour forming lumps.
7. Heat the oil over medium/high heat until evenly heated
8. Spoon the mixture into the frying pan and form it into patties.
9. Fry until you see that the edges are turning brown, then flip the pancakes and fry until you can peer under them and see that the second side has browned.
10. Drain on paper towels to remove the excess oil, then serve while still hot.