Amazing recipes for Delicata Squash and everything else in your share are available to members at Cook With What You Have. If you joined our Summer CSA you will find your password in the member email. Enjoy 24/7 access to recipe inspiration!
This week your share may include…
- Carrots: We’ve grown this Hercules variety for a few years and find it quite sturdy & sweet. Hope you enjoy it!
- Cauliflower: Put the florettes under the broiler, cut in rounds & make cauliflower “steak” on the grill, make soup, or pickles, or – one of my personal favorites – try a cauliflower curry pizza! It sounds a bit unusual, but it is always a big hit! I sauté a red onion in olive oil then add cauliflower and curry powder. Next, lay out the pizza dough, brush it with olive oil, add the cauliflower topping, put some mozzarella on top and bake. Simple and tasty!
- Garlic: The garlic we harvested this summer has been drying in the barn for the last 4 months. We finally had a few rainy days to get it cleaned up and sorted. The bounty is clear – many big beautiful heads of Chesnok & Music. There’s going to be lots of good garlic in the winter share!
- Kale: Big lovely leaves of Red Ursa Kale.
- Onions: Several kinds in the share this week from Candy to Red Tropea.
- Parsley: Flat leaf Italian parsley
- Mixed Anaheim & Poblano Peppers: The last of the season.
- Purple Potatoes: Purple on the outside and on the inside too! This variety, Purple Majesty, is high in anthocyanin, an antioxidant, and makes great fries. Eat it soon as it only lasts for a little while in storage.
- Delicata Squash: These are among the sweetest of all winter squash and are often compared in flavor to a sweet potato. Cut them in half length wise, remove seeds, and bake, cut side down in the oven until the top is soft and the bottom is starting to caramelize. Or cut them the other direction and make Squash Rings.
Coming soon… Winter CSA!