47th Avenue Farm ingredients:
leeks, finely chopped
green garlic (or regular garlic), minced
cabbage, finely shredded
red and/or yellow bell peppers, finely chopped*
shrimp ** , chopped into four or five pieces each
One or two tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil
Chile sauce for seafood (recipe below)
Cilantro, chopped – for garnish
Your favorite salsa
Sauté leeks and peppers in the olive oil for 3 or 4 minutes to slightly soften. Add shrimp and sauté another 2 or 3 minutes until shrimp pieces are barely cooked.
Meanwhile, warm tortillas. Add shrimp mixture, some cabbage, a few teaspoons of chile sauce, salsa, and cilantro.
Chile sauce for seafood:
Mix red chile sauce with a little mayonnaise and a little Karam’s brand white Middle Eastern garlic sauce.
I make red chile sauce with powdered red chile, garlic, and chicken stock:
- Saute 2 minced cloves garlic in 2 tablespoons oil for 3 min
- Stir in 2 tablespoons flour for 2 more min
- Mix 6-8 tablespoons powdered red chile with 3 cups stock
- Add chile liquid to garlic/flour mix and stir well
- Simmer for 20-30min on low heat