The fall rains have begun! That means that tomatoes & basil are winding down and fall crops are coming on strong. It also means that it’s time to sign up for your Winter CSA Share!!
If you want to freeze or can some extra tomato sauce for the winter then you can pre-order Napoli Roma Tomatoes and pick it up next Tuesday Oct 5th.
Highlights from the CSA box this week…
- So many different things to do with Chard!
- More than 53 recipes use Basil on the Cook With What You Have website.
- Sweet pepper 1! Jimmy Nardello is a long skinny red pepper that looks like a giant cayenne, but is actually a very SWEET Italian frying pepper.
- Sweet pepper 2! Petit Marseillais are a beautiful orange pepper from the south of France with thin wavy walls and a citrusy flavor. They can sometimes have a bit of heat.
- Sweet pepper 3! Glow is a lot like an orange bell pepper except it tastes even sweeter and has pointy end.
- Sweet pepper 4! Liebesapfel & Doe Hill are red & yellow pimento type peppers. They are short and squat with deep ruffled lobes and thick sweet flesh.
ROMA SAUCE TOMATOES
CANDY SWEET ONIONS
SWEET PEPPER MIX
Not a shareholder? Come on board for our amazing Winter/Spring CSA – just about to start – at one of our two pickup locations (SE Portland or Lake Oswego) and take home fresh, local, sustainably-farmed produce like this every week!