We are looking for an enthusiastic and well organized Fieldwork Coordinator to join our Portland-based farm crew. This person will drive tractors and help coordinate tilling, weeding & irrigation on the farm. Applications are due Jan 11th 2013. More info available HERE.
- Work with Owner & Farm Manager to prioritize & schedule fieldwork on the farm
- Drive tractors for field prep, fertilization, tractor-mounted cultivating and seeding cover crop
- Do minor service & maintenance on equipment. Maintain all data and records for equipment
- Schedule, assemble & repair irrigation
- Accountable for quality control, time tracking, and record keeping related to fieldwork on the farm
- Responsible for leading a crew in some of the above jobs
- Work as part of the crew for other jobs on the farm
- Minimum 2 yrs tractor driving and cultivation experience
- Minimum 2 yrs on farm crew or doing similar hard physical labor
- Some managerial experience and aptitude required
- Disciplined, organized, responsible, independent and positive
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Clean Drivers License
The farm is a fertile learning ground for those who are willing to work hard. If you are a person with tremendous energy and enthusiasm for farming (and tractors) and if you have the experience we’re looking for, please fill out the Field Coordinator Application Packet.